- Join us on an interesting tour of this historic cemetery. Unlike other tours which just talk constantly, you get to enjoy the peace and quiet of the cemetery and anticipate the experiences that await you.
- During the tour you will learn some history about the cemetery and different burial practices of the past. We will teach you how to try and capture paranormal activities on your camera, or camera phone.
- included in the price is the use of special equipment for detecting Spirits in the cemetery.
- This is small-group tour (20 people max)
- The tour lasts 3 hours
- Your experienced Spirit Guides will take you on a fascinating Moonlit Tour of the Cemetery.
- Afterlife Tours, Inc. is giving a percentage of every ticket sold back to the Cemeteries, to assist in the preservation, and reconstruction, of this historic cemetery.
Please plan to arrive at least 15 minutes early for check in.
We meet at Bluff City Cemetery located at 945 Bluff City Blvd, Elgin, IL 60120
You will park your vehicle on the south side of Bluff City Blvd near the entrance of the cemetery. DO NOT Park inside the cemetery, if the gates are open, as your vehicle will be locked in for the night.
The tour starts at 9 pm from Memorial day through August 31, and from 8 pm September 1st through October 31st.
Tour Dates are limited, by the City of Elgin, and may not be available every weekend.
Moonlit Cemetery Tours last 3 hours, and unlike the S.S. Minnow, we will bring you back, and you do not need to bring everything you own.
NOTE: There are no restroom facilities in the cemetery. There is a McDonalds/Gas Station located at the intersection of Rt 25 and Bluff City Boulevard.
* This tour is not ADA accessible, as there are very steep hills and a lot of walking.
Wheel Chairs, Motorized Chairs, and Walkers are not allowed on this tour.
* We ask that everyone be respectful of the Dearly Departed.
* NO Smoking, Vaping, Illegal Drugs or Alcohol is permitted in the Cemeteries.
* Tours may be cancelled if the Minimum is not met, Strong Winds (as they bring down the old trees without warning) or Lightning Storms (as there is NO safe place outdoors with lightning)
After a brief history discussion we will bring you into the cemetery and distribute special equipment, for use during the tour. We will explain the equipment, how to use it, and why it works. The group will then be saged for protection. We will then proceed into the dark, as we walk along the roadways we will point out various types of burials, be it grave site, mausoleums, monuments, and cenotaphs. As we walk we may encounter residents of the cemetery, in which case we will stop and attempt to communicate with them using different methods and specialized equipment.
At the completion of your tour the Spirit Guides will collect the equipment, and as a group will again be saged to prevent you from taking home any spirits.
What to Bring:
* Sturdy Walking Shoes, (as some of the Cemetery is mostly grass and dirt roads).
* Dress for the weather, (hot, cold, wet, icy, etc.).
* bug spray
* Your own Ghost Equipment (if you own any),
* TIPS for your hard-working Spirit Guides
* Finally an Open Mind.